Cactus Communications/London, London, City of, United Kingdom (No need to relocate)
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. We employ a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity
• Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
• Potential to earn USD 1200 to 3000 per month (based on regular availability)
• Additional fees of up to 20%
• No need to relocate. As this is a freelance opportunity, we invite candidates from all across the world to apply.
What you will do
• Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
• Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
• Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
• A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in the Life sciences and/or Physical Sciences and Engineering field[detailed subject-area list below]
• Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.
To apply, fill in the application form here: http://cactusglobal.edoola.com/page/ccrf/
Detailed subject-area list
• Life sciences:
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomaterials, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Systems Biology, Physiology, Nanobiotechnology, Genetics, Aging, Embryology, Biofuels, Food Science, Medical Laboratory Technology, Molecular Oncology, Mycology, Stem Cell Engineering, Virology, Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Toxicology, Drug Design & Development, Plant & Animal Genetics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Botany, Zoology, Neurosurgery, Computational Neuroscience
• Physical sciences:
Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Engineering, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Materials Science, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Metallurgy, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Energy and Sustainability