Hunger, the bi-annual fashion, culture and lifestyle magazine and associated website Hunger TV were established in 2011 by photographer and filmmaker Rankin.
Social Media Manager
Do you eat, sleep and dream in emojis?
The team at Hunger is looking for a Social Media Manager with a passion for online, culture and the latest developments in social media to build Hunger’s social media presence and drive traffic to Hunger TV. (hungertv.com).
You will have held a similar role (employed, full time) at a company or magazine with a lifestyle, culture and/or fashion emphasis.
You will be a social media junkie; a content creator, news hound, community co-ordinator, curator and marketing analyst, who knows how to move fluidly between these roles to increase engagement, loyalty and traffic.
It goes without saying that you will have the tech side locked down; understanding analytics and algorithms will be second nature, as is staying clued up on the varying functionalities of all major social networks and the developments in current and new apps to keep Hunger on the forefront of new developments in the industry.
You will be:
- Genuinely passionate about online
- A creative content creator
- Switched on and naturally curious with your finger on the pulse
- Opinionated and assertive, and unafraid to speak your mind
- Culturally and visually aware; wide open to what’s new and what’s next
- Aware of Hunger’s tone and able to replicate it across all social media platforms
- Fluid and flexible about your working week. Social media isn’t a 9-5, Monday to Friday world
- Chomping at the bit to join a hard working editorial team and be a dedicated team player
- Able to inject your cracking sense of humour (yes, lols allowed) across our online presence
- Up for a party now and again (we do love one here…) and able to tweet with a Proseco in hand
Please note this is NOT an entry level role or for someone needing to learn social media on the job. The hired candidate will be expected to deliver against targets straight away.
How to apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Social Media Manager’ in the subject field or click the “apply online” button below. Please include:
- Your CV
- A short (one-page) overview of your thoughts on Hunger’s current social media and the opportunities you see for boosting Hunger TV via social media, including a posting for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook you feel fits the Hunger identity and humour
- Your salary expectations
- Your notice period
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application and those invited to interview will be expected to show real evidence of their success in a previous role.
Please assume you are unsuccessful if you have not heard after two weeks.
Date posted: 18/05/15 14:00 Closing date: 29/05/15
Salary: DoE Location: London, England
Categories: broadcast journalists | editorial assistants / trainees | photographers | public relations | section editors | new media |