The Night News Editor is responsible for daily news coverage for the Telegraph website and newspaper during late shifts.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning and editing stories for the website and newspaper.
- Manages reporters and runs newsdesk and news section of website in absence of news editor.
- Liaises with editor and other senior editorial staff over late breaking stories.
- Creating plan to help morning newsdesk staff begin the day online.
- Responsible for news content during late shifts.
Specific Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience of news editing, with the ability to recognise and prioritise news stories.
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs.
- Experience of working to tight daily deadlines.
- Be familiar with and have experience of digital storytelling techniques, online publishing and SEO.
- Have a good working understanding of social media channels.
How to apply
To apply please click the “apply online” button below
Date posted: 18/05/15 12:33 Closing date: 18/06/15
Salary: Competitive + Excellent benefits Location: London, England
Categories: editors and management | news |