Bleacher Report is one of Turner Broadcasting’s leading digital businesses. It is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans. Attracting millions of sports fans every month with its fun, comprehensive, and entertaining team-based content, B/R is one of the fastest-growing sports sites, competing with the likes of ESPN and Yahoo! Sports. Since being acquired by Turner Sports in August 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant start-up culture.
This position offers:
- A reporting structure that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks
- A wide degree of value added thinking and latitude
- Mobility within the company to grow and develop your career.
Bleacher Report is looking for a Content Producer, who will work in our London office, with a focus on Australian sports mobile and social producing. Incumbent will program breaking news, commentary and analysis on BleacherReport.com and our TeamStream app as well as creating exciting and engaging content for social media platforms. This position is focused on Australian sports but Football (soccer), Cricket, Rugby, F1, American Football and the NBA are all part of the mix.
- Monitor multiple sources to find breaking news
- Write push notification copy for our iPhone, Android and tablet apps
- Help us curate the best content around the Web for our app users
- Produce engaging, original posts on our branded social media accounts
- We are looking for candidates with 1-3 years of exp with Intimate knowledge of the AFL and NRL as well as familiarity with the A League and Super Rugby competitions.
- Strong knowledge of Cricket (international, IPL, Big Bash and County Championship)
- Sports fanatic with an understanding of all major European football leagues (Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc), European Rugby (league and union) and Formula 1. Working knowledge of American sports such as NFL, Major League Baseball and NBA is preferred.
- A lack of familiarity with one or more of these sports/leagues is not a disqualifying factor if the candidate is capable of learning on the job.
- Tech savvy. It’s important the candidate is well-versed in the world of Internet sports. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites and contributing to team specific forums are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- Resourcefulness. Much of the best content won’t come to you, you’ll have to find it yourself.
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Facebook, mobile apps, smartphones and tablet devices. iPhone owners/users are preferred.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
- BA degree in Journalism, English, or Communication is preferred.
- You must have a flexible work schedule including the ability to work nights and weekends. (The sports world never sleeps.)
How to apply
To apply please click the “apply online” button below
Date posted: 14/05/15 00:00 Closing date: 30/06/15
Salary: DoE Location: London, England
Hours Per Week:40
Categories: news | new media |