Sputnik News Agency is now looking for a London-based Reporter for its Sputnik News Service to provide local news coverage with an international perspective.
A reporter is responsible for gathering information, interviewing high-profile experts and officials, and writing up news stories for the agency’s 24/7 newswire.
As a reporter, you will be a major content producer for Sputnik newswire and website.
- Produce daily coverage of both global and local events;
- Select local, state, national, and international news items received from wire services, based on assessment of items’ significance and interest value;
- Gathering stories from various news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, radio, television, wire services, and other reporters;
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal;
- Conduct interviews with high-profile officials and experts.
- Education BA in journalism or international relations is a big plus;
- Work experience in journalism, 2+ years.
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet strict deadlines while dealing with multiple assignments in a high volume work environment, a thorough knowledge of news and current affairs in Russia, the US, Europe and internationally, experience of making judgements on matters of greater editorial sensitivity is essential, as its the ability to prioritise and interpret the key stories of the day, legal knowledge regarding the content of publications, an understanding of target audiences;
- Aptitude for problem-solving, strong sense of responsibility, ownership and attention to detail in data management and, importantly, openness to change with a proactive approach to all work and communication, an eye for detail, strong negotiating and decision-making skills.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or click the “apply online” button below
Date posted: 18/05/15 09:28 Closing date: 01/06/15
Salary: DoE Location: London, England
Hours Per Week:40
Categories: copywriters | freelance | news |