Confidential/Oshawa, ON, Canada
Job Title: Freelance Copyeditor/Proofreader
Number of Positions: 3
This position will be performed in a freelance capacity and work will be completed on a job-by-job basis. The successful applicant will work from home and communicate regarding training/projects/updates via e-mail. Workload and remuneration will vary depending on current projects.
● Prepare, rewrite, and edit copy to improve readability as required
● Proof copy to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, syntax etc.
● Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
● Make revisions and recommendations for improvement when required
● Effectively manage time/workload
● Must Have own computer, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and reliable internet access
● Must reply to e-mails in a timely manner
● Must adhere to deadlines
● Degree/diploma in related field
● Editing courses are an asset
● Five years of copyediting experience
● Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro
● Knowledgeable with the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition (familiarity with other guides is beneficial as well)
● Great time management and organizational skills
Payment ranges from $1-$2.50 per page depending on the type of editing required.
Please send your cover letter and résumé. Only successful applicants will be contacted.