Raconteur is a premium publishing house and brand publishing agency. Raconteur produces special reports for The Times and The Sunday Times, as well as content marketing solutions for brands and bespoke market research. Raconteur combines first-class journalism, imagery and graphic design with a commitment to high-quality executions in print and online across all of our services. Our content informs, inspires and influences thought leaders worldwide.
Raconteur is founded upon the principle of connecting the growing ranks of the mass intelligent with leading analysis and commentary on the important issues of the 21st century. We passionately search for “information gaps” and marshal resources in order to create quality long form content that seeks to educate its audience and broaden their perspectives.
We are currently hiring a Production Editor to work in the special reports division. This area represents the core business of the company and it specialises in producing 65 annual special reports and supplements that are distributed in The Times and The Sunday Times newspapers.
The Production Editor would work alongside the commissioning editor, managing editor and design team in perfecting each publication prior to print. Raconteur recently launched a redesign of their print reports and as a consequence the production process of our content became a lot more detailed and complex. We therefore need a talented Production Editor to work on the following areas:
- Data sourcing and prototyping of all our dashboard infographics
- Image sourcing for 700+ articles a year
- Provide on-page edits directly in to InDesign files
- Source box-out material and data sets to accompany articles
- Take part in all the commissioning meetings
- Optimise all content from the print version to raconteur.net
As the above description hopefully shows, we are looking for a candidate with a real passion for curating premium long form content by adding all the final touches to the commissioned content – ultimately improving the user experience for our readers – both in print and online.
- Working in a vibrant and ambitious editorial and creative department, you will have a minimum of 5 years editing and copywriting experience
- Experience in image sourcing for premium publishers, both from stock libraries but also by contacting the sources directly
- Accuracy and a meticulous eye for detail, together with strong organisational skills
- Proficiency using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in InDesign a plus!
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in working a commercial environment
- Strong interest in current affairs/business/publishing
- Happy to work as part of a growing business
What we offer
This permanent position pays a basic salary of £33,000 per annum in the first year. In addition, Raconteur offers healthcare and dental insurance. 20 days holiday per annum.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Date posted: 15/05/15 17:12 Closing date: 15/06/15
Salary: £33,000 Location: London, England
Categories: copywriters | editors and management | features | production and sub-editors |