Language Specialist – Polish HU-Budapest
About the Job
Content Manager / Language Specialist – Polish & English – Budapest
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE IS FOR RELOCATION TO BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in Europe!
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
The Product Development Department is looking for a Polish Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in your native-level language to provide a great experience to local audience. In this role you will be responsible for content translations, localization ideas, making recommendations for the overall look and feel of the products. In addition you will work on targeted strategies to increase this client’s brand visibility and optimize marketing efforts in your target market. The Language Specialist will report to the Foreign Language Operations Manager.
- Maintain quality of website content translation/localization
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters)
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localization issues
- Analyze language specific data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of website traffic within the target market
- Distribution of articles and Press Releases
- Research and identify local partnership opportunities
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Native Level Polish speaker with excellent writing skills
- University or College Degree
- Good English skills and translation skills
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
If this role sounds like it’s for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.