Veterinary Business Development, publisher of market leading magazines for the veterinary profession, is looking for a self-starting sub-editor with experience in print subbing and content management for the web and social media.
You will be working as part of a small, friendly and closely knit team subbing news and features for our print and web portfolio.
You should have some experience across both print and digital outputs and a willingness to get to grips with complex material.
We regret we are unable to acknowledge applications. If you have not heard from us within a month of the closing date, then you have been unsuccessful in achieving an interview.
Send your applications, including CV, by clicking the “apply online” button below to by Monday June 8, 2015.
Content sub-editor, Veterinary Business Development Ltd
Reporting to: Chief sub-editor
Based at: VBD, Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough.
Relevant publications: vet times.co.uk, Veterinary Times, VN Times, The Veterinary Business Journal, Congress Times and other publications/sites as may be launched.
Software familiarity required: Adobe InDesign, Adobe InCopy, Adobe Photoshop, Chrome or other internet software, email software, Microsoft Word, content management systems.
- Sub-editing news and feature articles for length, clarity, interest, spelling and grammar, in accordance with the company style guide, veterinary dictionaries and relevant reference resources for use on websites and print.
- Repurposing and editing news and features content daily or as required for use on websites, ensuring SEO objectives are met.
- Designing and laying out pages to the templated style for all print publications. Subbing editorial print pages and, when required, advertising material or other editorial on paper (using established proof-reading symbols) and as required in Adobe InCopy.
- Uploading editorial material to the websites using our content management system..
- Proofing articles and making corrections.
- Sourcing images from photo libraries as required.
- Contacting authors regarding queries relating to their articles.
- Processing images for repro using Photoshop, including but not limited to colour correcton and cut-outs.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure efficient, high-quality workflow and progression of news and features through the editorial department to pre-press and onto websites.
- Maintaining company’s presence on Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Processing pages for repro.
- When necessary, finding, researching and writing content for news and feature sections in print and online.
- Attendance at congresses, press conferences and events in the UK and abroad as required.
Key administration tasks:
- Answering any incoming editorial queries, both by phone and email, as necessary, for colleagues.
- Any additional administrative duties as directed to ensure efficient delivery of the publications.
- Involvement, on a bi-weekly basis, in some office administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, internal post delivery.
Date posted: 18/05/15 12:14 Closing date: 08/06/15
Salary: DoE Location: Peterborough, England
Categories: features | news | production and sub-editors |